How to Make Almost Flourless Orange and Almond Cake with Marmalade
- Preheat oven to 350. Grease an 8 in springform pan and line it with wax paper.
- Put the orange in a pan, cover with water and simmer for 1 hour (or microwave for 25 min) until soft. Cut the orange in half, remove the seed and puree in food processor.
- Beat the eggs and sugar until pale and thick. Fold in the flour, baking powder, almonds ad orange puree. Pour into the pan and bake for one hour.
- Melt the marmalade in a small pan, then pour through a fine sieve, pressing to get all the juices out. Spread the rind free juice over the cake.
- When cool, sift the confectioners sugar over the cake. Mix whipped cream with the orange rind and serve alongside.