Almond Flour Chocolate Cake (Gluten Free)
FOR THE CAKE:
1 calmonds, divided, or 1/2 cup additional cocoa
3/4 cdairy free margarine softened + 1 tbsp. for greasing
1 ccane sugar
4 largewhole organic eggs
1 tsppure vanilla extract
1 pinchfine sea salt
1/2 cgood quality cocoa
2 cdairy free ice cream or dairy free frozen dessert of choice or
1/2 craspberry puree
·whole ripe organic raspberries
How to Make Almond Flour Chocolate Cake (Gluten Free)
- Heat oven to 325'F. Grease one 6 inch round cake pan or 6-2 1/2 inch ring molds. If using the ring molds, arrange on a sheet with a piece of parchment lining the sheet.
- Also it would be advisable to cut a circle of parchment and put it on the bottom of your cake pan since this can stick.
- Toast the almonds if using in a preheated oven for about 10 minutes or until lightly toasted.
- Finely grind 2/3 cups of the almonds. Coarsely chop remaining 1/3 cup almonds, reserve for garnish.
- In a stand mixer, lightly cream 3/4 cup of the margarine and sugar. Add the finely ground almonds and combine. Add the eggs one at a time mixing after each addition. Scrape the sides down of the bowl occasionally. Add the vanilla and salt.
- Remove the batter from the mixer and sift the cocoa, folding it gently into the batter. Make sure this is done thoroughly. Add additional cocoa if you don't use the almonds.
- Pour the batter into prepared cake pan or divide it evenly among the ring molds. Sprinkle coarsely chopped almonds over the top if using, and place cake on center rack of the preheated oven. Bake the 6 inch cake for 40 minutes, ring molds for 28 or until the cake is firm to the touch and a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean.
- Remove from the oven and cool the cake on the rack until it reaches room temperature. As I said this can stick, so don't remove the cake before it's cool.
- To assemble place cake wedges or individual molds on dessert plates. Top each with the ice cream. Or if you chose the Raspberry Puree spoon it around the cake and garnish with whole raspberries. Or you can dust with confectioner's sugar.