Almond Flour Chocolate Cake (Gluten Free)
- 1 c
- almonds, divided, or 1/2 cup additional cocoa
- 3/4 c
- dairy free margarine softened + 1 tbsp. for greasing
- 1 c
- cane sugar
- 4 large
- whole organic eggs
- 1 tsp
- pure vanilla extract
- 1 pinch
- fine sea salt
- 1/2 c
- good quality cocoa
- 2 c
- dairy free ice cream or dairy free frozen dessert of choice or
- 1/2 c
- raspberry puree
- whole ripe organic raspberries
- confectioner's sugar
FOR THE CAKE:
How to Make Almond Flour Chocolate Cake (Gluten Free)
- 1Heat oven to 325'F. Grease one 6 inch round cake pan or 6-2 1/2 inch ring molds. If using the ring molds, arrange on a sheet with a piece of parchment lining the sheet.
- 2Also it would be advisable to cut a circle of parchment and put it on the bottom of your cake pan since this can stick.
- 3Toast the almonds if using in a preheated oven for about 10 minutes or until lightly toasted.
- 4Finely grind 2/3 cups of the almonds. Coarsely chop remaining 1/3 cup almonds, reserve for garnish.
- 5In a stand mixer, lightly cream 3/4 cup of the margarine and sugar. Add the finely ground almonds and combine. Add the eggs one at a time mixing after each addition. Scrape the sides down of the bowl occasionally. Add the vanilla and salt.
- 6Remove the batter from the mixer and sift the cocoa, folding it gently into the batter. Make sure this is done thoroughly. Add additional cocoa if you don't use the almonds.
- 7Pour the batter into prepared cake pan or divide it evenly among the ring molds. Sprinkle coarsely chopped almonds over the top if using, and place cake on center rack of the preheated oven. Bake the 6 inch cake for 40 minutes, ring molds for 28 or until the cake is firm to the touch and a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean.
- 8Remove from the oven and cool the cake on the rack until it reaches room temperature. As I said this can stick, so don't remove the cake before it's cool.
- 9To assemble place cake wedges or individual molds on dessert plates. Top each with the ice cream. Or if you chose the Raspberry Puree spoon it around the cake and garnish with whole raspberries. Or you can dust with confectioner's sugar.