Almond Elderflower Pound Cake
☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
7 ozalmond paste
2 call purpose flour, divided
1 cunsalted butter, cubed, room temperature
2 Tbspelderflower simple syrup
1 tspbaking powder
How to Make Almond Elderflower Pound Cake
- Preheat oven to 325*. Butter a 9x5x3-inch loaf pan and sift a little bit of flour on the bottom and sides.
- Put almond paste in the bowl of a food processor. Add sugar and 1/2 cup of the flour and pulse until the mixture resembles coarse sand. Add butter and elderflower syrup and pulse until the mixture resembles marbles or peas. Add eggs one at a time, processing after each addition.
- Combining the remaining 1.5 cups flour with baking powder in a bowl. Gradually mix in half the flour mixture, then the milk, and then the remainder of the flour mixture.
- Pour batter into the prepared loaf pan and bake for about 1 hour. The house will smell like sweet almonds, and when it's done, a tester inserted into the cake will come out clean.
- Cool cake on a wire rack for about 10 minutes in the pan; then turn it out onto the rack to cool completely.
- If you wish to save this cake, it stores for up to 1 week in an airtight container in the fridge. If wrapped in plastic wrap and then in foil, it can be frozen for 1 month.