Almond Cheesecake Brownies
1 1/4 cflour
3/4 tspbaking powder
1 1/2 stickbutter, softened
4-ozsemi-sweet baking chocolate
3/4 ccocoa, unsweetened
2 1/2 tspvanilla extract
1 1/2 8-oz pkgcold cream cheese
3/4 tspalmond extract
How to Make Almond Cheesecake Brownies
- Preheat oven to 350. Grease a 13" by 9" baking pan. In a small bowl, combine flour, salt and baking powder.
- In a heavy 4-quart saucepan, melt butter and chocolate over low heat, add cocoa powder. Remove from heat. Beat in 1 1/2 cups of sugar with a wooden spoon. Add 4 eggs and 2 teaspoons of vanilla, Beat until well blended. Stir in flour mixture until just combine.
- In a medium bowl, with a mixer on medium speed, beat cream cheese until smooth. Gradually beat in remaining 1/2 cup sugar and 1 egg, almond extract and remaining 1/2 vanilla extract, until just blended.
- Spread 1 1/2 cups of brownie mixture in to your prepared baking pan. Spoon cream cheese mixture in 6 large dollops on top of brownie mixture. Spoon the remaining brownie mixture on to and around the cream cheese.
- With the tip of a knife cut and twist through the mixture to create a marbled effect.
- Bake until a toothpick inserted comes out almost clean, 35-40 minutes. Cool completely in pan on a wire rack.
- When cool, cut lengthwise into 4 strips and then cut crosswise into 6 strips. Make 24 brownies.