Almond cake with Raspberry filling
A fantastic way to dress up a cake mix
- 1 can(s)
- 8 oz almond paste
- 3 medium
- 1 pkg
- white cake mix
- 1 1/4 c
- 1/3 c
- vegetable or canola oil
- 1 c
- seedless raspberry preserves
- your favorite white frosting ( i used my cream cheese frosting that i use on my spansh bar cake)
How to Make Almond cake with Raspberry filling
- 1Heat oven to 350 degrees. spray two 9 inch cake pans with non stick coating ( I use Pam baking spray)
- 2Beat together the almond paste and eggs until smooth, don't worry about small granules of the almond paste they melt away during baking
- 3add cake mix, water and oil to the almond mixture and beat for 2 minutes or until smooth.
- 4divide batter evenly between the two cake pans.
bake for 35 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. cool and remove from pans
- 5place one layer on a serving plate and spread the preserves to within one inch of the edge, top with remaining layer and frost with desired frosting.