Almond cake with Raspberry filling
A fantastic way to dress up a cake mix
1 can(s)8 oz almond paste
1 pkgwhite cake mix
1 1/4 cwater
1/3 cvegetable or canola oil
1 cseedless raspberry preserves
·your favorite white frosting ( i used my cream cheese frosting that i use on my spansh bar cake)
How to Make Almond cake with Raspberry filling
- Heat oven to 350 degrees. spray two 9 inch cake pans with non stick coating ( I use Pam baking spray)
- Beat together the almond paste and eggs until smooth, don't worry about small granules of the almond paste they melt away during baking
- add cake mix, water and oil to the almond mixture and beat for 2 minutes or until smooth.
- divide batter evenly between the two cake pans.
bake for 35 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. cool and remove from pans
- place one layer on a serving plate and spread the preserves to within one inch of the edge, top with remaining layer and frost with desired frosting.