Almond Butter Coffee Cake1
By Just A Pinch KitchenCrew
How to Make Almond Butter Coffee Cake
- Add sugar, salt and shortening to milk and cool to lukewarm.
- Add crumbled yeast and let stand 5 minutes.
- Add egg and 1 3/4 cups flour; beat well.
- Add remaining flour sifted with spices; then knead well.
- Let rise until doubled in bulk, about 1 1/2 hours; knead down and let rise again.
- Shape into 2 coffee cakes and place in greased pans; let rise 15 minutes.
- Spread almond mixture on top and let rise until doubled in bulk.
- Bake in a 375 degree oven for 45 minutes - Makes 2 cakes.