Almond Butter Christmas Cake1
By Just A Pinch KitchenCrew
☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
3 ccake flour, sifted
3 tspbaking powder
1 1/2 csugar
1/2 calmonds, finely chopped
1/2 craisins, finely cut
1 tspvanilla extract
BOILED FROSTING INGREDIENTS
1/3 clight corn syrup
2 1/2 csugar
1 1/2 tspvanilla
How to Make Almond Butter Christmas Cake
- Sift flour once, measure, add baking powder and salt and sift together three times.
- Add sugar gradually, and cream together until light and fluffy; add eggs, one at a time, beating thoroughly after each.
- Add nuts and raisins and beat well.
- Add flour, alternately with milk, a small amount at a time, beating after each addition until smooth; add vanilla.
- Bake in two greased 9-inch layer pans in 375 degree oven for 25 minutes, or until done.
- Spread Boiled Frosting (see recipe) between layers and on top and sides of cake.
- Decorate top of cake with wreath of holly, using pieces of maraschino cherries or red cinnamon candies for berries, and slices of angelica or citron for leaves and stems; or decorate with poinsettias made of candied cherries.
- Slice cherries in rings, cut rings in half and arrange to form petals of poinsettias.
- If desired, Lemon butter Frosting (see recipe) may be used.
- --- Boiled Frosting ---
1/2 cup water
1/3 cup light corn syrup
2 1/2 cup sugar
2 egg whites
1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla
- Combine water, corn syrup and sugar in a medium saucepan.
- Heat to boiling; boil until the mixture thickens and forms a ball when a small spoonful is dropped into cold water (about 240 on a candy thermometer).
- Beat the egg whites in a large bowl of the electric mixer until stiff; slowly beat in the hot syrup.
- Combine to beat until spreading consistency. Beat in vanilla.
- --- Lemon butter Frosting ---
4 tablespoons butter
3 cup confectioner\'s sugar
2 tablespoons lemon juice
2 tablespoons water
- In bowl combine butter, sugar, lemon juice and enough water for spreading consistency; beat well.