Alligator Cupcake Cake
I have posted a close up of his face, but have several other photos of the entire gator at home, i will add them this afternoon!
- about 36 vanilla cupcakes (the batter should be tinted green with green food gel prior to baking) removed from cupcake liners if used
- 2 large marshmellows (you can use remainder of bag for froggie cupcakes to surround the gator)
- 1 bag of candy corn
- 1 bag chocolate morsels
- black gel decorating icing
- vanilla frosting (your fav. tinted green) i actually used the store bought cans in green since i was on limited time, i used about four cans)
How to Make Alligator Cupcake Cake
- 1Using a large tray arrange cupcakes to form the gator. I used 2 lined up for the nose, then 2 side by side for the eye area, then four behind that for the front leg area, three rows of three for the body and then another row of four for the back leg area, finishing off with several lined up for the tail.
- 2you can of course change the amounts in order to achieve the size alligator you need for your party.
- 3Once the body is assembled, ice each cake using a swirling motion to give the gator texture. I connected the cupcakes together with the frosting and filled in holes between cupcakes with a marshmellow tucked in it and frosting on top of that.
- 4Use twomarshmellows for the eyes and then frost over them to blend them in with the cupcakes. Use Black gel decorating icing to make the pupils.
- 5Slide candy corns into the feet for claws and the mouth for teeth.
- 6Place chocolate morsels onto the gator with the pointy part up to achieve a scaley look.