All American Dessert
The suger free Jello products are great, and I prefer the Lite version of frozen whipped topping.
Blue Ribbon Recipe
Angel food cake is such a wonderfully light dessert. Now that I've made this dish once, you can bet that I will make it for next 4th of July! It looks so Americana. Although there was enough whipped topping to make the recipe taste good, I think I will add more whipped topping on the next one for presentation purposes. The Test Kitchen
1 largejello, berry blue
1 largejello, red, any flavor
4 cboiling water
2 ccold water
8 ozfrozen whipped topping, thawed
4 cangel food cake, broken into cubes
2 cstrawberries, sliced
1/2 cblueberries, optional
How to Make All American Dessert
- Dissolve each flavor of jello completely in 2 cups of boing water in separate bowls. Stir 1 cup of cold water into each bowl. Pour into separate 9x13 inch pans. Refrigerate at least 3 hours until firm. Cut into 1/2 inch cubes.
- Place blue jello cubes in bottom of clear glass trifle bowl.
- Top with 1/3 of the whipped topping.
- Add cake cubes, then sliced strawberries.
- Top with another 1/3 whipped topping.
- Add the red jello cubes and then the remaining whipped topping.
- Sprinkle blueberries over top if desired. Refrigerate before serving.