Adult Margarita Cake
A non-alcoholic version can be made by substituting cold water in place of the tequila and Grand Marnier.
1 boxwhite or yellow cake mix
1/4 cvegetable oil
1 1/4 cmargarita mix
1 box(3 ounce) box lime Jell-o
3/4 cboiling water
3/4 ctequila with 1 1/2 ounce of it grand marnier
18 ounce container whipped topping (thawed)
How to Make Adult Margarita Cake
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. In a large mixing bowl, blend all cake ingredients and margarita mix together until smooth. Pour cake batter into a greased (cooking spray) 13X9X2 baking pan.
- Bake at 350-degree oven for 30-35 minutes and the cake is done. (To test for doneness, insert a wooden toothpick in the center; if it comes out clean, the cake is done.)
- Let cake cool completely, about two hours.
- To make the topping: Dissolve the Jell-O powder completely in boiling water, then add in the Grand Mariner and tequila; mix well.
- Poke holes over cake with a straw. Drizzle Jell-O mixture over entire top of cake. Refrigerate cake for 2 or more hours until ready to serve.
- Just before serving, top cake with Cool Whip topping and top with lime zest and lime garnish.