How to Make A Good Inexpensive "Sponge" Cake
- Go to your neighbor on the north. Beg 1 egg and 1 cup sugar.
- Go to neighbor on the south and get 1 cup flour and 1 tablespoon baking powder.
- Go across the street and beg 1/2 cup milk and 1 tablespoon butter.
- You already have 1 teaspoon vanilla and 1/2 teaspoon salt.
- Boil milk and beat ingredients together after milk has cooled.
- Bake in 325* oven for 35 minutes.
- If possible, go to the lady next door and use her oven.
- Well done, you have "sponged" all your ingredients!!!