3 ozchocolate, unsweetened squares
1/3 cstrong coffee
1/4 cbutter, softened
2 1/4 cbrown sugar, firmly packed
2 call purpose flour
1 tspbaking soda
1 cstrong coffee
How to Make A Favorite chocolate cake
- Melt chocolate in 1/3 cup coffee over low heat,stirring. Set aside to cool slightly.
- Measure and sift the dry ingredients together.
- Cream butter and brown sugar very well.
- Add one egg at a time beat well after each one.
- Add vanilla and blend in the chocolate. Beat well.
- Add dry ingredients alternately with the cup of coffee -use low speed and just combine.
- Put into 2- 9 inch pans or a 10x 13 pan that is well buttered and lined with wax paper.
- Bake in a 350 degree oven until cooked through 35 or 40 minutes.
- Cool 10 minutes in pans, then remove to cool on racks and frost with Dark Chocolate Frosting when cooled.