7-UP Lemon Cake
Tess (TJM) Moore
How to Make 7-UP Lemon Cake
- 1Mix the 3 sticks of soften margarine/butter and 3 cups of sugar for 20 min. I just set the kitchen timer and walk away... If you don't do this, cake will NOT rise.
- 2After the 20 min beat, add eggs, one at a time, so they mix into the mixture well.
- 3Add half of the flour, along with the 7-UP soda and lemon extract. Then add the rest of the flour. Mix well.
- 4Pour into a greased & floured bundt or angel food pan. I use the spray of flour/oil mixed and do a light spray around the outside edge and the middle cone.
- 5Bake 350 degrees for 60-75 minutes. Cake may rise 1-2 inches above the top of the pan, but that's OK, it will settle back down after it cools.
- 6After cake cools, turn it out of your pan and then you can slice and put ice cream or cool whip for serving, or can pour a lemon flavored glaze of powdered sugar, lemon extract & a dab of margarine over the cake before slicing...
- 7Store in rubber sealed plastic container, as the cake is much better the second day after absorbing the flavors.
- 8I like to slice the cake, unglazed, and put in the sealed containers and freeze. I write on painter's blue tape to mark my containers, this tape will come off easily from frozen container. Then I decide how I want to present this dessert for card party, dinner party or just my own eating. ;-)
- 9This cake is not hard to make. Just be sure to do the 20 min beat and use regular NOT diet soda. I have never used any other soda than the 7-UP, but that doesn't mean it can't be done...