3 tier cake
I used it for my topsy turvy cake. worked great.
How to Make 3 tier cake
- 1Sift together flour, baking powder, and salt. set aside.
- 2In the large bowl beat the butter until soft and smooth. Add the sugar and beat until light and smooth. Add the egg yolks, one at a time, beating after each addition. Stop the mixer and scrape down the sides of the bowl and the beater several times.
- 3With the mixer on low speed, alternately add the flour mixture and milk, beginning and ending with flour. Stir in the vanilla. At this point you may add favoring touches if desired.
- 4In another bowl, with clean beater, beat the egg whites until stiff but not dry. Stir about 1/2 cup of whites into the batter to lighten it, then fold in remaining whites in sveral additions.
- 5divide the batter evenly between the pans. smooth the batter level then spread it slightly from the center to the edges. Can use spring foam pans or regular pans. use 14" 10" 6" or use 12" 9" 6"
- 6Bake in the preheated oven for 30-45 min or just until the tops are springy or cake tester come out clean
- 7Cool the cakes in their pain on a rack for 10 minutes. Invert the cakes into racks.