1 2 3 4 Cake
1 cbutter at room temperature
3 csifted self-rising flour
1 tsppure vanilla extract
8 ozcream cheese, softened
1/2 cunsalted butter, softened
4 cconfectioners sugar
2 Tbspheavy cream
1 tspvanilla extract
1 1/2 csweetened shredded coconut
How to Make 1 2 3 4 Cake
- Grease and flour 3 (9-inch) cake pans.
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
Using an electric mixer, cream butter until fluffy.
Add sugar and continue to cream well for 6 to 8 minutes.
- Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
Add flour and milk alternately to creamed mixture, beginning and ending with flour.
Add vanilla and continue to beat until just mixed.
Divide batter equally among prepared pans.
- Level batter in each pan by holding pan 3 or 4 inches above counter, then dropping it flat onto counter. Do this several times to release air bubbles and assure you of a more level cake
- Bake for 25 to 30 minutes or until done. Cool in pans 5 to 10 minutes. Invert cakes onto cooling racks. Cool completely and spread cake layers with your favorite frosting to make a 3-layer cake.
- Beat the cream cheese and butter in a mixer bowl until light and fluffy. Gradually add the confectioners' sugar, one cup at a time, alternating with heavy cream. Beat in the salt and vanilla extract. Continue beating until mixture is smooth and spreadable. Add additional confectioners' sugar if necessary to thicken the frosting, or more cream to thin. Stir in 1/2 cup of the coconut. Toast remaining coconut and spoon evenly over frosted cake.