Anna Mae Kantor
It is a good plain white cake with a lot of flavor. I usually make it as a layer cake with various kinds of icing. It's good with chocolate or peanut butter or butter cream icing. You can also use food coloring in the whiter icings to make it look different or seasonal.
It is wonderful served with ice cream.
How to Make 1-2-3-4 Cake
- 1Cream together the sugar, CRISCO, and eggs.
- 2In a separate bowl, measure out the flour, baking powder and salt and blend together with a spoon.
- 3Add flour to creamed mixture alternately with the milk, beginning and ending with flour. Beat well but ONLY UNTIL WELL BLENDED, being careful not to overbeat. You will be able to tell when it is mixed enough.
- 4Bake at 325. In 2 9" pans (greased and floured) bake about 35 minutes. In 2 8" pans bake about 40 minutes. As a one layer cake--in a 9" X 13" pan bake approximately 50 minutes.
- 5Try not to overbake--it will be a nice, moist cake if you do not overbake with a lot of flavor.
- 6Enjoy with your favorite frosting.