1 cgranulated sugar
2 csifted all-purpose flour
4 Tbspcocoa powder
1 ccold water
1 1/2 tspbaking soda
1/2 tsptable salt
1/2 tspvanilla extract
1 lbpowdered (confectioners) sugar
3 ozcream cheese, softened
1 Tbsplemon juice (adjust amount to taste)
How to Make $1,000 Cake
- In mixing bowl, cream sugar and mayonnaise together until well blended.
- Add flour and cocoa powder and mix well.
- In small bowl, mix water and baking soda together and then add to mixing bowl.
- Add salt and vanilla, mixing just until blended.
- Pour into greased and floured 9 x 13-inch or 8-inch square (depending on whether you want a thicker or thinner cake) metal or glass baking pan.
- Bake at 350 for 35-40 minutes until toothpick inserted into center of cake comes out clean.
- For icing: Mix all ingredients together until smooth.
- While cake is still warm, spread icing on to it. Let cake cool completely before serving.