3x 350g chocolate loaf cakes (shop-bought variety is fine)
300 -400 mltia maria or baileys
1-2 tspcocoa for dusting
75 gcaster sugar
500 gmascarpone cheese
250 mldouble cream
How to Make Booze Pudding
- wrap the outside of a 23 cm springform cake tin with some clingfilm or foil to avoid leaks from the base
- slice the chocolate cakes thinly, and pour the 300 ml (or more if needed) of Tia Maria or Baileys into a shallow dish, ready for soaking the cake slices as you need them
- Before you start to layer the cakes, whisk the eggs and sugar, and then beat in the mascarpone and double cream; I use an electric whisk for this but there is no need to if you are feeling muscley. Then add gradually the 125 ml of Kalhua to make a creamy spreadable layer for the cake.
- Using approx. 1 cake per layer, dunk the slices in Tia Maria before lining the tin with them. Squidge them down, pressing confidently as you go; each layer should not be too thick, but juicily compact and solid.
- Spread a third of the cream mixture over the soaked cake slices
- Continue with the rest of the cake making layers. The last layer being cream, dust some coca for decoration.
- Refrigerate for at least three hours (best if overnight) when ready to serve, take out of mould by the cling paper. Serve in a nice serving plater and enjoy!