☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
- 1 Gallon Apple Cider
- 1 Liter Everclear Alcohol
- 3 Cinnamon Sticks
How to Make Crockpot Apple Moonshine
- 1Add Apple Cider and Cinnamon Sticks to crock-pot.
- 2Cook on low for 8 hours.
- 3Turn off crock-pot and allow the cider to cool to room temp.
- 4In a large pan (large enough for a 5 quarts), mix cider and the Everclear Alcohol. If your crock-pot is large enough for this, you can do it there once the cider is cooled.
- 5Pour into 5 Quart Canning Jars (or bottles of your choice) and put lids and rings on.
- 6Let the jars sit in a cool dark place for 30 days to allow the alcohol to take the flavor of the cider.
- 7This is shelf stable and can be kept on the counter, or if you prefer it chilled, in the refrigerator.
- 8NOTE: this is a strong adult beverage. Serving size is one shot glass.
- 9This is a traditional Christmas Eve beverage in my husbands family. His grandfather has made this Mixed Drink for years and all the men sit in the basement laughing and joking and sipping this drink. It is also given to the adults as gifts to savor all year long. Once open, you can keep this in the refrigerator to drink cold (it is better that way) and it will last all year or longer. Please remember this is an adult beverage and it is strong. If you do not care for the proof value of Everclear, use vodka instead. You will get the same taste but with less alcohol in it. Everclear is a 195 Proof alcohol (95%) that you can find in a liquor store or if you have a local grocery that sells it. If you can not find that, another brand off 100 proof clear liquor will do , or use vodka.