Creamy Parmesan Risotto
- 1 1/2 C. arborio rice
- 2 Tbs. extra virgin olive oil
- 1 purple onion, diced
- 1/2 C. button mushrooms, chopped
- 1 Bay leaf
- 1 C. sweet white wine
- 4 1/2 C. chicken broth
- 1 C. Parmesan cheese, grated
- 1/4 C fresh parsley, chopped
How to Make Creamy Parmesan Risotto
- 1Saute' the rice in the olive oil in a large pan for 2 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- 2Add the onion, mushrooms, bay leaf and wine.
- 3As the rice cooks, add the chicken broth one cup at a time, allowing the rice to absorb the liquid before adding more.
- 4Add a little more broth, if needed, before the rice is tender, a total of about 25 minutes.
- 5When the rice is cooked, just prior to serving, stir in the cheese and sprinkle with parsley. Serve right away.