Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Truffles
- 1/2 c
- salted butter, at room temperature
- 3/4 c
- light brown sugar, packed
- 1 tsp
- vanilla extract
- 2 c
- all-purpose flour
- 1 can(s)
- (14 ounce) sweetened condensed milk
- 1 c
- miniature semi-sweet chocolate chips
- chocolate bark, to melt for dipping
- additional chocolate chips, sprinkles, etc., optional for topping the truffles
How to Make Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Truffles
- 1In a large bowl, use electric mixer to cream together butter and brown sugar. Add vanilla. Beat in flour, 1 cup at a time, until it is incorporated and you no longer see chunks of brown sugar (if you spot any, just squish them). Beat in sweetened condensed milk and mix until well-combined. Stir in 1 cup of chocolate chips.
- 2Cover bowl and refrigerate until dough is firm (at least 1 hour- maybe more... you want the dough to be quite firm). Use a small cookie scoop to scoop out heaping Tablespoonfuls, roll into balls and place on a waxed paper-lined cookie sheet. Place all of the rolled balls back into the refrigerator until you are ready to dip them in chocolate.
- 3Melt chocolate bark in a glass bowl- easiest to do in the microwave in 30 second bursts, stirring after each heating time, until smooth. Use a spoon to help you dip the chilled dough ball into the chocolate and roll it around to cover all sides. Place it on a waxed paper-lined platter. Sprinkle with any desired toppings. Repeat with the rest of the dough balls. They'll begin to set pretty quickly. Keep them refrigerated until ready to serve.