Chipped Beef and Gravy
- 2 pkgs. "Buddig" original beef, smoked, chopped and pressed
- 1/4 C. all-purpose flour
- 2 C. milk
- 1/3 C. water
- 6 Tbs. vegetable oil, divided
- salt to taste
- pepper to taste
- bread, for toast
How to Make Chipped Beef and Gravy
- 1Cut chipped beef into small bite-size pieces. Heat 4 Tbs. oil in skillet to medium temperature. Add chipped beef pieces, cook until hot, stirring to break up beef pieces. Stir in flour until a thick paste is formed. Add remaining 2 Tbs oil.
- 2Gradually stir in milk and water. Cook until bubbly. Simmer 5 minutes over low heat. Season with salt and pepper.
- 3Serve hot over toast. Gravy may be thickened by using additional milk, or thinned by using additional water.