Pecan Waffles - Sugar Free
Vicki Butts (lazyme)
1 3/4 call purpose flour
1 Tbspbaking powder
1 3/4 cmilk
1/2 cvegetable oil
1 cchopped pecans
1/4 csugar substitute, optional
1 tspvanilla, optional
·diabetic maple syrup
How to Make Pecan Waffles - Sugar Free
- In a bowl, combine flour, baking powder and salt.
- Combine egg yolks, milk and oil; stir into dry ingredients.
- Beat egg whites until stiff; fold into batter.
- Add sugar substitute and vanilla; stir.
- Sprinkle hot waffle iron with 2 tablespoons pecans.
- Pour 1/4 to 1/3 cup of batter over pecans and bake according to manufacturer's directions until golden brown. Repeat with remaining pecans and batter.
- Serve with syrup.
- Yield: 8-10 waffles (4-1/2 inches)