Easter Waffle Breakfast Sandwich
The recipe is mine; the picture came from the Kroger flyer.
- 2 c
- self rising flour
- 2 Tbsp
- eggs, beaten
- 1 tsp
- 1/4 c
- 2 c
- milk or buttermilk
- 1 slice
- swiss cheese
- 2 slice
- bacon, cooked
- egg, over-medium
- powdered sugar
- maple or strawberry syrup
FOR EACH SANDWICH
How to Make Easter Waffle Breakfast Sandwich
- 1Preheat waffle iron and brush with oil or shortening.
- 2For waffle batter, place flour and sugar in a large mixing bowl. Make a deep well in the center and place the beaten eggs and all the liquid ingredients into the well. Beat by hand until all are combined and smooth.
- 3Prepare waffles according to manufacturer's instructions. Cook them until they are still a bit soft, not crisp.
As they get done, remove to a plate and cover with foil to keep warm.
- 4While waffles are cooking, fry bacon to desired doneness. Cook eggs one at a time in a bit of the bacon fat, turning once to an over-medium consistency.
- 5Assemble sandwiches:
Cut one waffle in half and place one half on serving dish. Layer a slice of Swiss cheese on the waffle, then stack on 2 slices of bacon and an over-medium egg. Top with the other half of waffle and sprinkle with powdered sugar.
Serve with syrup on the side if desired.