How to Make Buttermilk Waffles
- In a large mixing bowl combine the flour, baking powder and baking soda.
- In a separate bowl, mix the sugar and the lightly beaten egg and egg whites. Then add the buttermilk.
- Pour into the flour mixture.
- Spray nonstick waffle iron with nonstick spray. Spoon mixture into iron and bake.
- Top with 1/2 cup fresh peaches and cinnamon or 3/4 cup berries or 1/2 cup fresh applesauce -- adds 1 fruit serving.
- This recipe yields six 8-inch waffles.
- Nutritional Analysis Per Serving:
Calories 225; Fat (grams) 2; Percent calories from fat 8; Percent polyunsaturated 1; Percent saturated 4; Percent monounsaturated 3; Cholesterol (milligrams) 38; Sodium (milligrams) 260; Protein (grams) 10; Carbohydrate (grams) 42.