Vanilla Silver Dollar Pancakes Penzeys 5/26/2006
1 Tbspbaking powder
2 Tbspsugar (can use vanilla sugar)
1 tsppure vanilla extract
2 Tbspbutter, melted
·sweetened yogurt or whipped cream for topping, optional
How to Make Vanilla Silver Dollar Pancakes Penzeys 5/26/2006
- Preheat an electric griddle to 350 deg F, or use your favorite pancake pan.
- Sift together the flour, baking powder and salt into a large bowl. Mix in sugar. In a jug or bowl with a pour spout, beat the egg, Vanilla Extract and milk. Pour in the melted butter.
- Make a well in the flour and add the milk mixture gradually to form a batter. You can do this by hand or an electric mixer.
- Drop 2 TB of the batter onto a hot griddle and cook 3 -4 minutes on each side. You can flip the pancakes when they start to bubble and seem set.
- Layer on parchment paper if you are not serving immediately. To serve, layer up with fruit and powdered sugar. Don't forget - a dollop of yogurt or whipped cream will make them even more yummy.