Savory Dutch Baby
The toppings for a savory Dutch Baby can be varied and include such things as avocado with chopped lettuce and quartered boiled eggs, or crumbled bacon with sauteed kale and a smoky aged cheddar.
☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
3 largeeggs, room temperatur
3/4 cupmilk, room temperature
3 Tbspunsalted butter, melted but slightly cooled - divided
1/2 cupall-purpose flour
1/2 tspblack pepper
4 ozsmoked salmon, crumbled
1/4 cupcrème fraiche
1spring onion (or green onion) - cut into 3 inch strips, and each strip cut into thin ribbon strips
How to Make Savory Dutch Baby
- Place a cast iron skillet (or oven-proof skillet), in center of oven, and preheat oven to 450°. Let skillet heat at least 25 minutes total (prepare your toppings while you wait).
- With your food processor or blender on High speed, process eggs for 1 minute or until very frothy and bubbly. With motor running, gradually stream in milk and 2 Tbsp butter, and process another 30 seconds. Add flour, cornstarch, salt, and pepper, and process just enough to fully combine all ingredients. (This recipe doubles well, if you wish to increase servings.)
- Carefully remove hot skillet from oven, and swirl remaining 1 Tbsp butter in hot skillet until melted. Immediately pour all of the batter into the skillet. (The butter will brown quickly, so have batter at hand and ready to pour, in order to prevent burning butter.)
- Please skillet in oven, and bake the Dutch Baby for 20 minutes or until puffed and brown around the edges. It should deflate somewhat once it's removed from the heat.
- Sprinkle the crumbled salmon across the top. Spoon the creme fraiche over the salmon, and distribute the spring onion strips across the top. Serve immediately.