One Big Berry Breakfast
☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
2 ccherries, frozen or fresh
2 cblueberries, frozen or fresh
2 Tbsplime or lemon juice
2 tspbaking powder
1 1/8 chalf and half or milk
How to Make One Big Berry Breakfast
- Pre-heat oven to 350ᵒF & grease a 10x15 jelly roll pan.
- In a medium sauce pan, combine cherries & blueberries. Set stove top to medium-low.
- Add lime/lemon juice & honey and stir to combine. Stirring occasionally.
- While fruit is doin’ it’s thang, mix ingredients for pancake top in a medium bowl, until completely combined. Set aside.
- Combine cornstarch & water in a small bowl and keep near the stove top.
- Once the fruit mixture has thawed, if from frozen, and is juicy, turn stove top up to medium-high.
- Slowly pour in cornstarch mixture while stirring.
- Fruit mixture will start to thicken. Once it starts to bubble, stop stirring and let it bubble for 1 minute. Turn off stove top.
- Pour fruit mixture into the jelly roll pan and spread evenly.
- Pour pancake mixture over top as evenly as you can, do not spread.
- Bake on middle rack in oven for 10-15 minutes, just until pancake is cooked through.
- Top w/ syrup, whip cream, ice cream or nothing…whatever you desire. And please feel free to tweak my recipe and comment! Food is not a secret, it is to be shared like Jesus!