Old Fashioned Fluffy Pancakes
Note: The amount of vegetable oil is really up to you and your pan. Use enough so your pancakes don't stick, but not so much that they are swimming in the oil! You could also use all butter (about a stick or so) or a combination of oil and butter. You may also skip both of those and use cooking spray - but I don't think the pancakes taste as good that way.
2 call purpose flour
1 Tbspbaking powder
2 tspbaking soda
1 tspkosher salt
1/2 cvegetable oil
2 Tbspvegetable oil
·butter for serving
·maple syrup for serving
How to Make Old Fashioned Fluffy Pancakes
- Whisk all of the dry ingredients together in a large bowl.
- Whisk all the wet ingredients (not the serving butter or syrup) together in another bowl.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and stir until it creates a nice batter consistency. Let this mixture sit for about 20-30 minutes to let it get its fluffiness.
- Heat up a large skillet over med-high heat and add some oil to cover the bottom of it. Once the pan is hot enough (test this by dropping a little water onto the pan to see if it sizzles), ladle about a 1/4 cup of batter per pancake into the pan - making sure each pancake is separated.
- When the tops of the pancake batter get bubbly, about 2 minutes or so, flip and cook until the pancakes get lightly browned on the other side too.
- Serve these fluffy pancakes with butter and syrup and enjoy!