package directions… using 1/2 cup water and 1/2 cup Sprite® in place of the 1 cup of water stated on the package.
Important Note: McDonald's doesn't really use Sprite® in their hotcake batter. This is a clone recipe that closely matches
the flavor of McDonald’s Hotcakes. They have their own dry mix that requires only adding water.
How to Make Mcdonald's Hotcakes
- Pre-heat an electric griddle to 375°.
- Mix hotcake ingredients with a wire whisk until smooth.
- Apply about 1 teaspoon of Crisco® shortening to the griddle, spreading evenly with a paper towel. (Be careful
not to burn your fingers)
- Pour the hotcake batter on the greased, pre-heated griddle, forming 5 inch hotcakes.
- Cook until dry around the edges, (about a minute) then turn.
- Allow to cook about 40-50 seconds after flipping, and remove.
- Place the cooked hotcakes on an oven safe plate, and warm in your oven for 5-8 minutes. (This helps give
the hotcakes that tough texture McDonald’s is famous for)
Serve with Aunt Jemima® original maple syrup. (It is the closest ingredient match to McDonald’s hotcake