Irish Pancakes for Shrove Tuesday(Pancake Day)
1 1/2 cmilk
1/4 stickbutter (2 oz melted)
1/4 stickmelted butter (for frying)
·•fresh squeezed lemon juice (2 lemons)
1/4 - 1/2 c•1/4 to 1/2 cup sugar (for serving)
How to Make Irish Pancakes for Shrove Tuesday(Pancake Day)
- Make a batter by whisking together the flour, salt, eggs and milk.
- Add the melted butter and continue to whisk to form a smooth, thin batter
- Heat an 8-inch skillet over medium-high heat, and brush with melted butter.
- Pour about 1/4 cup of batter into the pan and tilt the pan from side to side to cover it in a thin layer of batter.
- Reduce to medium heat. When the top is beginning to look dry after 1 to 2 minutes, flip the pancake and continue to cook for an additional 30 seconds to 1 minute on the second side.
- Transfer the cooked pancake or crêpe to a plate, and cover with foil to keep warm. Repeat with the remaining batter
- When the pancakes are cooked, pour 1 to 2 teaspoons of lemon juice on the inside of each pancake, then sprinkle with sugar. Roll each pancake to form a cylindrical shape. Serve immediately.
- Alternative pancake fillings include jam, chocolate spread, maple syrup or golden syrup