Irish Pancakes for Shrove Tuesday(Pancake Day)
- 1 c
- 1/2 tsp
- 4 large
- 1 1/2 c
- 1/4 stick
- butter (2 oz melted)
- 1/4 stick
- melted butter (for frying)
- •fresh squeezed lemon juice (2 lemons)
- 1/4 - 1/2 c
- •1/4 to 1/2 cup sugar (for serving)
How to Make Irish Pancakes for Shrove Tuesday(Pancake Day)
- 1Make a batter by whisking together the flour, salt, eggs and milk.
- 2Add the melted butter and continue to whisk to form a smooth, thin batter
- 3Heat an 8-inch skillet over medium-high heat, and brush with melted butter.
- 4Pour about 1/4 cup of batter into the pan and tilt the pan from side to side to cover it in a thin layer of batter.
- 5Reduce to medium heat. When the top is beginning to look dry after 1 to 2 minutes, flip the pancake and continue to cook for an additional 30 seconds to 1 minute on the second side.
- 6Transfer the cooked pancake or crêpe to a plate, and cover with foil to keep warm. Repeat with the remaining batter
- 7When the pancakes are cooked, pour 1 to 2 teaspoons of lemon juice on the inside of each pancake, then sprinkle with sugar. Roll each pancake to form a cylindrical shape. Serve immediately.
- 8Alternative pancake fillings include jam, chocolate spread, maple syrup or golden syrup