- 2 c
- plain flour
- 1/2 tsp
- baking soda
- 1 tsp
- 1 large
- 1 c
How to Make Irish Pancakes
- 1Sift the dry ingredients into a bowl.
- 2Make a well in the middle with a wooden spoon and add the egg.
- 3Break the yolk and pour in the buttermilk, mixing quickly to a thick batter.
- 4Do not beat, as this would develop the gluten in the flour and prevent the pancakes from rising.
- 5Fry in large dollops on a lightly-greased, hot griddle or heavy frying-pan.
- 6Thickly spread with melting butter and syrup or jam.