Crêpes de la Chandeleur (Candlemas Pancakes)
How to Make Crêpes de la Chandeleur (Candlemas Pancakes)
- 1Break eggs into a large mixing bowl and beat with a wire whisk.
- 2Measure flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt into another bowl and stir to combine. Add gradually to egg mixture.
- 3Add milk gradually, continuing to stir with the wire whisk. The batter should be smooth, with no lumps.
- 4Pour oil into an 8-inch skillet to cover the bottom. Heat the oil over medium-high heat.
Using a soup ladle, carefully pour a ladleful (about ¼ cup) of the batter into the hot oil. Tilt the pan carefully to spread the batter into a large, thin crêpe that covers the bottom of the skillet.
- 5Cook until the crêpe is golden brown on the bottom (about 3 to 4 minutes).
Carefully flip the crêpe over to cook the other side. Remove crêpe from pan, and blot on paper towel to remove excess oil.
Serve with maple syrup.