Cherry Dutch Baby (Gluten-Free and Dairy-Free)
I created this recipe after developing a dairy allergy. My husband can't eat gluten, so I'm always having to modify recipes.
I listed brand names on some items after trying a lot of others and being dissatisfied (Bob's Red Mill GF flour is too gritty, in my opinion).
If you don't have a allergy/sensitivity to dairy and gluten, just use the same amounts of flour, milk and butter.
3/4 cking arthur gluten-free multi-purpose flour
3/4 calmond milk
1/2 tspvanilla extract
4 Tbspearth balance butter stick
2 cpitted bing cherries
How to Make Cherry Dutch Baby (Gluten-Free and Dairy-Free)
- Heat oven to 425ºF.
- Whisk egg, sugar, flour, almond milk, vanilla & salt together until batter is blended.
- In a 12-inch cast iron skillet, melt butter. Add cherries and cook until warmed.
- Pour in batter and transfer to heated oven. Bake for 15 to 20 minutes, until golden brown and puffy.
- Remove pancake from oven and dust with powdered sugar.
- NOTE: When cherries aren't in season, substitute 1 large granny Smith apple (peeled and sliced) and add 1 tsp cinnamon and saute in the butter until soft.
- Additional Note: This Dutch Baby won't puff up like the usual one, but it's just as tasty.