☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
1/2 pkgactive dry yeast
15 Tbsphot water
1/2 tspbaking powder
How to Make Buttermillk Pikelets
- Mix together the flour and the yeast in a bowl.
- Mix the buttermilk and hot water in a jug and check that it’s luke warm.
- Whisk the milky water into the flour.
- Cover with cling wrap and let it proof from 1 to less than 3 hours
- Whisk in the salt and baking powder
- Heat a lightly oiled large frying pan over a medium-high heat.
- Pour in large spoonfuls of batter for small pikelets or a ladle full for larger ones.
- When little holes appear in the bubbles all over the top, flip ’em
- Cook until lightly browned.
- Eat fresh from the pan or save them to toast over the next few days