☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
- 3 large
- bananas, peeled, divided
- 1/2 c
- butter (1 stick) melted, divided
- 3/4 c
- golden brown sugar, packed, divided
- 1/4 c
- 1 tsp
- vanilla extract
- 2 c
- self rising flour
- 2 c
- 2 large
- additional melted butter
How to Make Banana Pancakes with Caramel-Banana Syrup
- 1Cut 2 bananas into 1/4-inch-thick rounds. Combine 1/4 cup melted butter, 1/2 cup sugar, and 1/4 cup water in heavy large skillet. Boil over medium-high heat until mixture thickens slightly, about 2 minutes. Stir in vanilla extract and sliced bananas. Remove syrup from heat.
- 2Whisk flour and remaining 1/4 cup sugar in large bowl. Mash remaining banana in medium bowl, then whisk in buttermilk and eggs. Stir banana mixture into dry ingredients (some lumps will remain). Mix in remaining 1/4 cup melted butter.
- 3Preheat oven to 200°F. Heat griddle over medium heat; brush with additional melted butter. Working in batches, pour batter by 1/3 cupfuls onto griddle. Cook pancakes until golden, about 2 minutes per side. Transfer pancakes to baking sheet; place in oven to keep warm.
- 4Serve pancakes with caramel-banana syrup.