Apple Pancakes From The Townships(Eastern Quebec)
- 2 cups flour; all purpose
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 ¼ cup sour milk; buttermilk
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup apples; unpeeled, cut in pieces
- 6 tablespoon butter; melted
How to Make Apple Pancakes From The Townships(Eastern Quebec)
- 1Sift together flour, baking powder (1 Tbsp amount is correct), baking soda, salt sugar and cinnamon.
Beat sour milk and eggs in a small bowl. Add apples, unpeeled and cut into small pieces and melted butter.
Add the sour milk mixture to the dry ingredients. Stir well. Cook as you would ordinary pancakes in greased cast iron fry pan. Brown on both sides.
Serve plain or with butter and maple syrup.