Yoghurt Cereal Bars
Trying different cereals would probably work, just adjust the cinnamon, Splenda & syrup accordingly.
4 cmulti grain cheerios or other cereal
1 1/2 c+ 2 tbsp whole wheat flour (i used freshly ground)
1/4 cbrown sugar of choice
1/2 c+ 2 tbsp melted butter
1 cyoghurt, any flavor
How to Make Yoghurt Cereal Bars
- Place cereal, 1 1/2 cups flour, sweetener or choice, & cinnamon into a food processor and pulse into crumbs.
- Add syrup & applesauce & pulse to form crumbly dough.
- Press half of this into a greased 8" square pan. Using a spatula to press it down is helpful.
- In other bowl combine the yoghurt, egg & 2 tbsp flour.
- Pour this on top of the bottom layer.
- Crumble remaining mixture on top of yoghurt mixture pressing down with a spatula to form an even top. It is ok if some yoghurt seeps through the top.
- Bake at 350' for about 30 minutes until set.
- Cool then cut into bars.