Yoghurt Cereal Bars
Trying different cereals would probably work, just adjust the cinnamon, Splenda & syrup accordingly.
- 4 c
- multi grain cheerios or other cereal
- 1 1/2 c
- + 2 tbsp whole wheat flour (i used freshly ground)
- 1/4 c
- brown sugar of choice
- 2 Tbsp
- 1 tsp
- 1/2 c
- + 2 tbsp melted butter
- 1 c
- yoghurt, any flavor
- 1 large
How to Make Yoghurt Cereal Bars
- 1Place cereal, 1 1/2 cups flour, sweetener or choice, & cinnamon into a food processor and pulse into crumbs.
- 2Add syrup & applesauce & pulse to form crumbly dough.
- 3Press half of this into a greased 8" square pan. Using a spatula to press it down is helpful.
- 4In other bowl combine the yoghurt, egg & 2 tbsp flour.
- 5Pour this on top of the bottom layer.
- 6Crumble remaining mixture on top of yoghurt mixture pressing down with a spatula to form an even top. It is ok if some yoghurt seeps through the top.
- 7Bake at 350' for about 30 minutes until set.
- 8Cool then cut into bars.