Whole Grain Pancakes and Waffles
Blue Ribbon Recipe
I had my reservations about using whole wheat flour, but these pancakes turned out wonderfully! They have a great whole grain texture - not tough at all - and even my picky husband liked them! I will definitely be making these again
NOTE: I used powdered buttermilk for the milk powder called for in the recipe and also added 1 cup of blueberries. Turned out great! The Test Kitchen
1 cwhole wheat flour (i used freshly ground)
1 coats, processed to flour
1/3 cnonfat milk powder
1 Tbspbaking powder
2 Tbspbutter, melted
1 1/2 cwater
LARGE BATCH OF MIX TO STORE & USE AS NEEDED
4 cwhole wheat flour ( i use freshly ground)
4 coats, processed into flour in food processor
1 1/3 cdry milk
1/4 cbaking powder
How to Make Whole Grain Pancakes and Waffles
- Combine all dry ingredients.
- Add the remaining ingredients & let sit a few minutes for the oats & flour to absorb some of the liquid.
- Prepare as you would pancakes using a 1/4 cup measuring cup to measure out batter. This should make about 12 6" pancakes.
- About 80 calories per pancake & about 18 grams carbohydrate
- This mix can also be used to make waffles.
- To make cookies add to the dry ingredients: 2/3 cup brown sugar, 2 tsp cinnamon, 2/3 cup raisins or chocolate chips, 1/2 cup applesauce, 2 eggs & 1 tsp vanilla. Mix & drop onto greased baking sheet & bake for about 12 minutes at 350'
- FOR THE LARGE BATCH: COMBINE ALL INGREDIENTS, STORE IN A GALLON SIZE JAR OR CONTAINER. USE 2 CUPS MIX, 2 CUPS MILK, 2 EGGS & 1/4 CUP MELTED BUTTER, OIL OR APPLESAUCE & PREPARE AS PANCAKES