SouthWestern Egg Beaters Breakfast Dish
★★★★★ 1 vote5
- 1 pkg
- jimmy dean sage sausage crumbled
- 6 medium
- russet potatoes cubed
- 1 large
- onion diced
- 1/.2 c
- diced red, green and yellow or orange peppers
- 1/2 qt
- better-n=eggs southwestern style eggs
- tomatoes, cut up drained-jalapeno for those who like it hot
- sprinkle plate servings with shredded cheddar cheese before serving
How to Make SouthWestern Egg Beaters Breakfast Dish
- 1Veggies may be cut up ahead and refrigerated to save prep time when making except for potatoes and tomatoes Tomatoes need to drain and will be added to cooked food last. Potatoes will turn black if left too long in the air once peeled.
Note: if using jalapeno peppers, I would keep seperate until ready to add veggies to pan. You could also buy the onions and peppers already cut up in your freezer area of your stores to save even more of your time.
- 2Spray large chicken fryer pan with tall sides with pan soray. Peel/or not..well washed and dried potatoes. . Then drizzle small amount of oil in pan. Add about two tablespoons butter. Mix well until melted
Add cubed potatoes and start on high heat until they start browning nicely. Turn heat to low and cover. Cook until ready to add veggies. Remove cover and leave heat on low. You want to keep them warm only while adding other veggies.
- 3Add cut up veggies. Mix well. Continue cooking uncovered until veggies are tender. Turn often to evenly cook all veggies.
While veggies are cooking on low heat take a small fry pan and spray with pan spray and cook sausage. Crumble as it cooks.
When no longer pink anywhere, remove from heat and add all (yes even the grease) to potatoes and veggies. mix well.
Using same pan as sausage, Re-spray pan and pour Better-n-Eggs into pan and scramble until all are done. Add this to Potato pan. Mixing gently so you don't mash the potatoes. If using tomatoes, now would be the time to add them.
Continue to heat until all is heated through and veggies are all cooked and tender.
NOTE: i ADD SHREDDED CHEDDAR CHEESE ON TOP JUST BEFORE SERVING.