Walt's Almost Famous Chili Cakes
- 1 Tbsp
- left over chili -- or just about any thick porage type food
- 1/4 c
- flour - non rising all purpose
- 1 small
How to Make Walt's Almost Famous Chili Cakes
- 1I had a thought -- I bet this would taste Ok pan fried -- so I mixed in a little flour and an egg to hold it together and fried it in a little butter for breakfast
- 2OMG -- Wasn’t expecting the result -- Wow !!!
Came out like a pan cake of sorts -- not exactly a fertata but close - not an omelet -- somewhere in between -- I cooked the concoction until it blackened pretty good hoping it would hold together
- 3Since it had been in the fridge for a few days
the flavors had evened out and the result was a mild
chili flavored cake -- didn’t need a topping but a salsa or picante would be great on top or for dipping -- maybe some mustard on the side
- 4We had tried a similar thing a few days earlier with
Diane’s left over C&D -- we noticed the dumplings had de-constituted in the fridge -- it was still great -- a wonderful gooey mess -- I thought it would make a nice pan fried cake -- added a little flour and egg and fried it in a little olive oil -- it was pretty darn good !! On the 2nd batch I added a little Cavendar’s - Greek Seasoning and it Wowed me -- Oh My !!