UPSIDE-DOWN OVEN PANCAKE
Jo Anne Sugimoto
1 pkg6 oz. sliced canadian-style bacon or 6 thin slices fully cooked smoked ham
1 can(s)8 0z. crushed pineapple, well drained
2 Tbsppacked brown sugar
1 1/2 cbisquick baking mix
How to Make UPSIDE-DOWN OVEN PANCAKE
- Heat the butter in a round pan, 9 x 1 1/2 inches, in a 400 degree oven until the butter is melted.
- Arrange the bacon slices overlapping slightly, around the pan.
- Spoon the pineapple evenly over the bacon, sprinkle the brown sugar.
- Combine the baking mix, milk and egg beat vigorously for 30 seconds, batter will be slightly lumpy.
- Carefully spread the batter over the pineapple.
- Bake uncovered until golden brown, about 20 to 25 minutes.
- Run a knife around the edges to loosen, and immediately invert it onto a heatproof serving platter.
- Serve with maple-flavored syrup.