- 1/2 c
- shredded dried coconut (reduced from 1 cup)
- 16 oz
- cottage cheese
- 1 Tbsp
- honey, softened and to taste for desired sweetness
- 1-2 tsp
- vanilla paste or vanilla extract
How to Make Toasted Coconut Breakfast Spread
- 1Lightly toast the coconut in a dry cast iron skillet on low-medium heat (or lower). Coconut burns easily. Watch carefully! Set aside to cool. *Save* some of the toasted coconut for garnish.
- 2While the coconut is cooling, place the cottage cheese, honey and vanilla paste or extract in a food processor (or blender.) PUREE until smooth.
- 3Stir in the toasted coconut and PULSE a few times to combine.
I served the spread on an English muffin with banana slices and fresh strawberries.