To Die For French Toast
- 1 c
- brown sugar
- 1/2 c
- 2 Tbsp
- corn syrup
- tart apples, peeled and sliced thin
- 1 1/2 c
- 1 Tbsp
- loaf of french bread
- 1 c
- 10 oz. jar apple jelly
- 1/2 tsp
- 1/8 tsp
- ground cloves
- 1 dash(es)
SPICY APPLE SYRUP
How to Make To Die For French Toast
- 1In sauce pan, cook sugar, butter and corn syrup until it becomes a syrup consistency.
- 2Pour the syrup into a 9 x 13 inch baking dish.
- 3Spread apple slices over syrup.
- 4Slice bread at an angle into 3/4 inch slices and place on top of apple slices.
- 5Place remaining ingredients in large bowl and whisk. Pour over bread.
- 6Cover and refrigerate over night.
- 7Bake uncovered for 45 minutes in 350 degree oven.
- 8While the french toast is baking, prepare the spicy apple syrup:
- 9Combine all ingredients in small saucepan. Cook over medium heat stirring constantly until jelly melts and syrup is hot. Serve syrup with french toast.