The Perfect Pancake
I usually just buy the 'just add water' pancake mixes and make with warm water and allow to sit & 'rise'.
OMG!! there is NO COMPARISON to these pancakes. They are so light and fluffy, and were a BIG hit with the boys this morning.
the only criticism was 'you might omit the sugar next time, they were too sweet with the syrup'.
so either omit the sugar or better yet, omit the syrup ;)
I halved the recipe (those listed here are for the full recipe) and it easily made 12 'regular' sized pancakes.
3 c+ 2 tablespoons cake flour
3 Tbspbaking powder
2 cmilk or buttermilk ( i used milk )
4 Tbspmelted butter
How to Make The Perfect Pancake
- Mix together dry ingredients in a large bowl
- In a separate bowl, mix together milk, eggs & vanilla
- add wet ingredients to dry ingredients, stirring VERY GENTLY until just combined.
- I melted butter in microwave, and add it to batter, stirring GENTLY to combine
- cook on greased skillet over medium-low heat until golden brown. do not flip until batter starts to bubble through to top
- serve with lots of butter & syrup and ENJOY