Sweet Cherry Coffee Cake
★★★★★ 2 votes5
- 1 1/2 c
- 4 large
- 1/2 c
- all purpose flour
- 1/4 c
- 2 tsp
- pure vanilla extract
- 2 1/2 c
- frozen pitted sweet cherries, thawed and drained
- 1/4 c
- powdered sugar
How to Make Sweet Cherry Coffee Cake
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Butter a shallow 2-inch deep 2-quart baking dish.
- 2In a large mixing bowl, combine flour and eggs. Slowly stir in milk, sugar, and vanilla extract. Beat with an electric mixer until smooth.
- 3Using paper towels, pat the cherries completely dry. Spread the cherries evenly in prepared baking dish. Pour the batter over the cherries.
- 4On the center shelf of the oven, bake at 350 degrees for 1 1/2 hours, until top is golden brown and firm to touch.
- 5Remove from oven and dust lightly with powdered sugar. Serve warm from pan.