Sweet Cherry Coffee Cake
★★★★★ 2 votes5
1 1/2 cmilk
1/2 call purpose flour
2 tsppure vanilla extract
2 1/2 cfrozen pitted sweet cherries, thawed and drained
1/4 cpowdered sugar
How to Make Sweet Cherry Coffee Cake
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Butter a shallow 2-inch deep 2-quart baking dish.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine flour and eggs. Slowly stir in milk, sugar, and vanilla extract. Beat with an electric mixer until smooth.
- Using paper towels, pat the cherries completely dry. Spread the cherries evenly in prepared baking dish. Pour the batter over the cherries.
- On the center shelf of the oven, bake at 350 degrees for 1 1/2 hours, until top is golden brown and firm to touch.
- Remove from oven and dust lightly with powdered sugar. Serve warm from pan.