Sunny Bog Scones
★★★★★ 1 vote5
1/2 csugar (divided)
1/4 corange flavored cranberries
1 1/2 call purpose flour
1/4 tspbaking powder
1/4 tspbaking soda
1/4 tspcoarse sea salt
6 Tbspbutter, cold (cut in cubes)
1/8 cheavy cream
How to Make Sunny Bog Scones
- Preheat oven 350. Line baking sheet with parchment paper.
Measure water and 1/4 c sugar in sauce pan. Bring to a boil,add cranberries. Remove from heat and allow berries to soak for 10 min.
- In medium bowl add flour, remaining 1/4 c sugar,orange zest, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- Work the butter in until there are no pieces larger than the size of a pea.
- Pour in butter milk and mix with large fork until there are no dry spots.
- Strain cranberries, reserving the sugar water for another use, and add to flour mixture.. Mix in with your hands.
- Turn dough out on lightly floured surface, form into a 2" thick disk.
- Transfer to a parchment lined baking sheet. Brush disk with heavy cream, sprinkle top with remaining 1 T sugar. Use pastry cutter to cut dough into 8 equal triangles.
- Bake at 350 for 22-25 min.
Transfer to a wire rack to cool slightly.