2 call purpose flour
1 tspbaking powder
1 tspbaking soda
1/3 cbutter, cold
6 ozorange flavored yogurt
1 cstrawberries, fresh or frozen
3 Tbspmilk (optional)
1 cpowdered sugar
2 Tbspfresh orange juice
How to Make Strawberry Scones
- Preheat oven to 400F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt and sugar in a food processor. Pulse for 5 seconds to combine.
- Cut butter into 4 or 5 pieces and add to food processor with flour mixture. Process for 10-15 seconds until no large pieces of butter remain.
- Add yogurt and frozen strawberries to food processor. Pulse for 10-15 seconds until mixture comes together into a ball. If the mixture is too dry add the milk.
- Divide dough in half and shape into two balls. Place the balls on the baking sheet and press down until dough is 1-1½ inches thick. With a knife, cut a cross into the dough so that each disk is divided into 4 pieces.
- Bake for 18-20 minutes, until scones are lightly browned. Let the scones cool on the sheet for 5-10 minutes. Divide the scones along the lines you cut before baking and remove to a wire rack to cool.
- Then drizzle with powdered sugar mixture and serve