How to Make Steel Cut Oatmeal in a Slow Cooker
- 1Lightly oil the inside of the slow cooker. Heat up the slow cooker on *HIGH (or LOW if cooking for 1 1/2 hours) for about 10 minutes.
*I have only tested this recipe using the HIGH setting.
- 2Meanwhile, boil 2 cups water. Place 1 cup of the steel cut oats in the heated slow cooker.
- 3Pour the boiling water over the oats. Cover and cook on HIGH for 45 minutes (usually it will take less time than that to cook completely).
- 4Serve with your favorite oatmeal topping suggestions below.
- 5Serving suggestions c/o Bob's Red Mill:
1. The Old School: brown sugar, butter salt
2. Doctor's Orders: Greek yogurt, flaxseed, blueberries
3. The Truck Stop: fried egg, sausage links, cheddar cheese, hot sauce
4. The Hang Loose: toasted coconut flakes, pineapple chunks, toasted macadamia nuts
5. Oat Couture: dried cherries, creme fraiche, balsamic reduction.