Scrambled Egg & Ham Brunch Braid
- 2- 8 oz
- tubes refrigerated crescent rolls
- 4 oz
- thinly sliced deli ham
- 4 oz
- cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 c
- 1/4 tsp
- 1/4 c
- chopped sweet red pepper(optional)
- 2 Tbsp
- chopped green onion(optional)
- 1 tsp
- butter or margarine
- 1/2 c
- shredded cheddar cheese
How to Make Scrambled Egg & Ham Brunch Braid
- 1Unroll each tube of crescent dough(do not separate triagles). Place side by side on a greased baking sheet with long sides touching: seal seams and perforations. Arrange ham lengthwise down the center third of rectangle.
- 2In a mixing bowl, beat cream cheese and milk. Separate one egg: set egg white aside. Add the egg yolk, remaining eggs, salt and pepper to cream cheese mixture; mix well. Add red pepper and onion.
- 3In a large skillet, melt butter; add egg mixture. Cook and stir over medium heat just until set. Remove from the heat. Spoon scrambled eggs over ham. Sprinkle with cheese.
- 4On each long side of dough, cut 1 inch wide strips to the center to within 1/2 inch of filling. Starting at one end, pick up a piece from each side and twist together and lay over the center. Continue the length of the dough. Pinch ends to seal and tuck under. Beat reserved egg white; brush over dough. Bake at 375 degrees for 25-28 minutes or until golden brown. Let sit for a few minutes before cutting.